I love making this simple and very easy Homemade Body Butter. My skin is very sensitive and I have to be so careful with storebought lotions and creams. Several years ago, I started making my very own body butter and have not used anything else on my skin other then this recipe. I hope you enjoy it.
Below are the ingredients you will need:
1 Cup of Shea Butter
1 Cup of Organic Coconut Oil
.5 FL oz. of Vitamin E Oil
.5 FL oz. of Carrot Oil
Essential oils (peppermint & eucalyptus)
1) Pour the pre-measured 1-cup of Shea butter and 1-cup of coconut oil into a medium sized mixing bowl.
2) Using a hand blender, mix those two ingredients together very well until the shea butter is mix completely into the coconut oil.
3) Add the Vitamin E Oil, Carrot oil, 10 drops of Peppermint oil and 10 drops of Eucalyptus oil into the mixture.
4) Continue to mix all of the ingredients using a hand mixer for another 30 seconds.
5) Pour the mixture into your favorite food jar.
I was able to make two full jars of the body butter and then some. Feel free to use any other type of essential oils such as lavender or rosemary etc. I personally love the combine fragrance of peppermint and eucalyptus oils.
Written by: Sheiley Ripellino