How to make your own finger paints using everyday household ingredients? I decided to use this very easy recipe to make our own finger paints today since we were out of the store bought ones. We used cornstarch for this recipe because I like the consistency much better than if we had just used flour. My toddler loved it. It’s non-toxic; safe for babies to paint with their little fingers.
What you will need:
- 1/2 Cup of Cornstarch
- 2 Cup of Water
- 4 Tablespoons of Sugar
- 3 Containers
- Food Coloring
What to do:
- Mix 1/2 cup cornstarch and 4 tablespoons sugar in a pot.
- Add 2 cups of water and stir the mixture over medium heat.
- The mixture will start to thicken.
- Once it’s thicken, let cool down and then divide into the 3 containers.
- Add Food Coloring and mix-in pretty well.